Friday, May 23, 2008

Been having a lovely time. Getting more and more confident on the bike. Have ridden twice from Brockenhurst to Bournemouth and I think I might try even further distances one day. But one thing at a time. Trying to get the hang of map reading and the highway code and a certain roundabout in Christchurch.

Had very motivational chat with Will 2 weeks ago and have started a serious campaign to get out of this static slump.

My new job at the sports shop is going really well. Everyone is really friendly and all work hard to make the shop work. Customer service is excellent which I love.

I am getting to know all about cricket bats, tennis racquet's, balls, sports shoes and the famous MBTs.


Last Thursday's session with Will -I met him at the Splash at the bottom of the High St in Brockenhurst and we went for a lovely ride, with a bit of sprint interval training, around the New Forest.
Then I cycled on to Bournemouth. I love cycling that way because I know I will end up by the sea. And I got to spend the afternoon with Gorgeous Stu. But unfortunately I managed to crack his goldfish tank. If I told you how you wouldn't believe me......... sorry Stu!!!
This Sunday is the Salisbury Fast Twitch Triathlon. I have managed to persuade my lovely and not least heroic, nephew David to get up at 5.30 am to drive me there. Looks like it is going to be wet so lots of muddiness I expect. I still love it though.

No comments: