Sunday, September 16, 2007

The hills are alive.............

I was going to change blogs as some may have seen on the last post before I edited it, but as someone commented that there is quite a bit on here about the last 14 months I might as well carry on!!


And she's off!!!!



Had a nice relaxing morning then it was off for a 'speedy' walk and the St Catherine's Hill challenge. St Catherine's hill has always been a challenge. When we were children our parents took us up there to let off steam. Later in life the hill became something to be avoided, I found it really hard climbing up the steep slopes and steps. The views from the top are stunning so sometimes it was worth the effort.
There is a bench half way up that was always a godsend and a welcome rest for all types that needed a breather.
Decided to try and measure the time it takes me to get from the entrance gate of the hill to the highest point of the hill.
Managed it in 8.50 mins
PB
There is great walk through to the hill passing th rough the water meadows. So all in all had a good time this afternoon.
Going to set myself a challenge to see if I can swim 1k in one go.


StCatherine's Hill

No comments: