Sunday, September 16, 2007



Last night I had a special treat I went to the Theatre!!! My brother-in-law had brought tickets for By Jeeves at the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, a musical by Lloyd Webber and Alan Aykbourn based on the Jeeves and Wooster stories by P G Woodhouse.

My sister being the heroine she is had to work a shift in the hospital so I stood in for her.

I love the Theatre, especially musical comedy. I have worked as stage manager on a few productions and forgot how much I missed it, until last night.

It's a fabulous production and I had such a good time. I kind of lost who was who about half way through the plot but apparently this is not unusual in an Aykbourn production. Robin Armstrong, who played Bertie Wooster had the most amazing legs . He must have been double jointed but they did the charlston very well and seem to have a life of their own!! The stage crew were all part of the play too. They were interacting with the audience before the show started. It was very funny. Recommend it if you want a good night's entertainment

After a rubbish day at work it really cheered me up.

Geoffrey Holland played Jeeves... you may remember him in Hi De Hi as the camp manager and unrequited love of Ruth Maddock's character.

No comments: