Monday, July 16, 2007

Honey I Ate The Kids

You know when you set yourself a goal of reducing something in your diet like sugar (see last post) you suddenly have the greatest craving for it. On Friday I thought I'd have a purge and get rid off stuff that has too much sugar in. But ended up having too much so we will draw a line under that and go onwards after I have slapped myself a few times !!!

Going to perservere because I have always had a sweet tooth and in healthy eating you can replace overt sugars for more natural forms such as organic honey and sugar in fruits but even then you can have too much. Going to do a bit of research.

I know some of you have e-mailed me for my food diary on here but I just want to try a few things out first then I'll put it on.

I am a bit of a honey addict. It comes from a life time of eating cakes and sweets

On the exercise front I am trying to reclaiming my Wonder Woman status again. Building up weight exercises and CV work.


Yesterday I went for a swim at the crack of dawn. All good intentions but my goggles broke and I was swimming my vision was blurred as my goggles filled up with water. I tried variations of repair but they just weren't playing. Tried a few lengths without but my eyes got so sore I gave up. It's important to avoid embarrassing situations in lane swimming, to see where you're going. Like the one I had with quite a gorgeous man going the other way when I caught his trunks!!!! Not on purpose at all !!!!
Then I did 2 sessions in the gym one in the morning which was manily CV and I did my rowing challenge. 3 x 5 mins not as easy as it seems. Then in the evening I did chest and biceps workout. This morning I feel a bit like Arnie Schwartzhisface. Read an article in 220 about over training but I don't think I am near that status yet.
Really enjoy the exercise part need to get to grips with the eating.

This week I am back on the marshalling trail with the Winchester 5k road race on Thursday and the Winchester Fast twitch triathlon on Sunday. Really looking forward to those. I feel flourscent orange is really my colour!!!!

Got new goggles and I am back in the pool tonight!!!

No comments: