Thursday, July 12, 2007

Marshalling Marshmallowing

Having a great week so far.


Started off with the Bournemouth International Triathlon. This is the first triathlon I've seen in action...and I was marshalling and was in the midst of all the excitement. Those of you who know me know that before 5am is a late night and there is no such time as before 8am. I was standing writing numbers on hundreds of people's arms and legs starting at 6 am. I am surprised they didn't get just a cross or a circle. Still I more or less got the numbers right.


Then I went over to the running gate. The race consists of a swim 1.5k, cycle 40k and then a 10k run, there were other variations of the race going on too. 670 people raced in 7 waves. As the cyclists came down into transition I guided them towards the start of the run. Some were a bit disorientated and it took a lot of shouting to guide them my way. The atmosphere was electric and despite what they were doing everyone was very friendly


It was great to see Wil in the front runners. The weather was great, rain held off. Loved every minute of it.


Went home and promptly fell asleep.



Monday it was back to Bournemouth for a relaxed walk along the beach with mum. We dodged the rain and sat by the sea watching it rain everywhere else We spent quite a few minutes marvelling at this seagull just surfing on the wind and hovering for ages only to later see that we were watching a man and his kite!! It was very lifelike though.


Tuesday was Jenny's birthday and we had a family gathering. Of course little Harry stole the show



Wednesday guess what ..... Bournemouth again!!! This time marshalling a Duathlon, 400m swim, 5k run. Working with Roger, Linda and Gemma from Concept Sport, one of the major sport organisers in the south. Great team very friendly. About 50 people raced. As I am now a writer on of limbs I did the same again. Nice buzz before the race. Roger gave me the starter claxon to hold. I think he saw the slight twinkle in my eye. If I blow the claxon too early I could create chaos but I was very good and waited till everyone was ready. Felt like a celebrity starting the race. Everyone dashed into the sea. Once they were all in I went up to do marshalling for the running stage. Beach was beautiful in the low evening sun.

Yay!-Wil again in the front runners.

Thursday off to Brockenhurst today for Pt with Wil. It's great having someone who really knows his stuff, even when I bombard him with a whole page of questions. Did some CV , Stability and Core work. Still feel really enthusiastic (getting even more so) in matters of fitness. I am having trouble shifting remnants of stretched stomach and 'saddle bags'. Have contemplated surgery but I really want to persevere with toning exercises first.

We talked about looking at the sugars I am eating min my diet. Going to see if I can reduce my sugar intake. Not really overy sugars but thenigs like drinks, cereal bars, honey, just looing at labels even things like baked beans. I don't really want to eat reduced sugar food as that usuallyhas loads of chemicals in. I'll let you know I go.

Big well done to Stu who lost 5lbs last week




No comments: