Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Was it something I said.....






Yesterday was a good day on the fitness front. I ate a good healthy day's food. On Sunday I made this low GI walnut loaf. Though I say it myself it was one of my better attempts at cooking, meaning I was able to persuade it out of the tin and it wasn't on fire!!!

This loaf could be the staple diet for the troops in the dessert, it is really filling. I have made 2 and it makes about 12 slices each. I cut a slice in half and have one half in the morning and one in the afternoon. Much more filling and healthier than the cereal bars I've been having cos I know exactly what goes into them. Tonight I'll post the recipe on Soobee's Kitchen.
All good stuff. The person I usually get to test out my experiments has left the country..... I wonder why....

Last night I went to the gym a bit earlier than usual. I got on to the Cross Trainer for a warm up and it seemed everyone got off the Treadmills and other cross trainers and left. I asked one of the Personal Trainers there if it was something I said but he said it was the regular 8-9 0'clock shift leaving. That's all right then, no need to take it personally!!!!

Had a good chat to one of the PTs at Winchester , he plays rugby for London Irish. He gave a good tip. To burn fat in exercise it's best to do CV work in the morning after your body has had time to digest all the food from the day before rather than working on a full days food in the evening. I'llpass that one by the grand master of fitness see what he says.

No comments: