Tuesday, April 24, 2007

View from the top of the mountain

Busy week

Thursday had a good circuit training session with Wil. He kindly lent me some weights to practice with at home. I soon knew I had them on the walk back to the train station 2 x 3k for about 2 miles. Arms much longer now.
Then went swimming in the evening with Ema.... realised the next morning when we did an early swim ( yes I take my training as Wonder Woman seriously ...!!!!) that might have over done it a bit....

Anyway making an effort to be less intense about exercise and have fun. I really enjoy gym (apart from those bl***y press ups!!!), swimming and outside walking. (see April 9th posting... just working more on those ideas)

Saturday day off exercise... in evening went to Bournemouth for a party at Gorgeous Stu's. Great bunch of people, love 'em.
Sunday
Time to conquer the mountain of Winchester.... St Catherines... I was amazed that for the first time ever I went up the side without stopping and the need of paramedics. (I just looked at July 16th 2006 post, and that was a different story) It wasn't easy but I were right chuffed at a progress marker and I even passed some younger people puffing!!!! The view from the top of the mountain is lovely.
Managed to do a bit of sketching while I was up there, something I haven't done for ages. These pictures are just to prove I was up there, hence the trainer shot!!!! At the top of St Catherines is a maze which has all sorts of stories attached to it. One being that a Winchester College boy recarved it out one lonely nigh before
committing suicide. And his ghost is still there woooooooooooooooo.




In the 12th century there used to be St Catherine's Church on top of the hill. Now there is just a woody knowle which has a very peaceful air about it. In the summer it is gorgeous to get up there in the fresch air and be under the trees. If you get a chance go there you'll love it.









Did Wil's set weekly task in the morning and then to gym to do a 5k Cross Country power walk, in the evening, on the treadmill going up to gradients 0-1-2x2-4-2-02.5-4x3-2 -0- 3-7-3-2-2-1-1-0-0-0- and then I fell off after 55 mins!!!!!

(I know this still sounds a bit obsessive but I really enjoy doing it all and working hard on resting too.)

Tuesday
Up for an early swim with Ema 25 x 25m lengths.



Just found this picture on the Daisy website. If you look behind Julian Clegg..it's me and Paul in deep convesrsation!!!!




Meanwhile it looks like I'm going to be able to raise £100 for Cancer Research Race For Life. So now to metamorphosise into Wonder Woman. Don't really know much about her story but I'm sure I will
This will become the theme tune for me for Race For Life. So if you are coming to watch you can learn it too and sing as I hobble pastIf you go to www.culttelly.co.uk/lyrics/ww.html you also get the backing track to practice to.
Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.
All the world's waiting for you,
and the power you possess.
In your satin tights,
Fighting for your rights
And the old Red, White and Blue.

Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.
Now the world is ready for you,
and the wonders you can do.
Make a hawk a dove,
Stop a war with love,
Make a liar tell the truth.
Wonder Woman,
Get us out from under,
Wonder Woman.
All our hopes are pinned on you.
And the magic that you do.
Stop a bullet cold, Make the Axis fall,
Change their minds,and change the world.
Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.
You're a wonder, Wonder Woman.
Not much to live up to then!!!!!!!

No comments: