Thursday, February 22, 2007

Creepin' and a crawlin'

Had quite an active day today. Took root in the Spa starting off with a session with Wil. I am becoming aware that I can do lots of time on the Cross Trainer and Treadmill , which is great because it nearly did me in the first time I tried them.... so on the positive there is progress!! But oh... oh details on posture I'm not doing too well with. If round shoulders were attractive and healthy I'd be Miss World!!!


Anyway with a threat of being impaled on a broom handle I'm going to work really hard on that. So much to remember... I used to have a T Shirt with instructions on


HEAD STRAIGHT, SHOULDERS BACK, STOMACH IN, CORE ON, BOTTOM CLENCHED, KNEES BENT, FEET STRAIGHT............


I think may be I should have it Tatooed on!!!

Apart from all that it was fun session.

Then I went into the Steam Room one of my favourite places to relax, although not for too long otherwise I won't have to worry about what I eat anymore. I met a lady in there who suffers from ME and was on a break at the Hotel. It was really intesting to hear about how she manages her fatigue....



Then 10 minutes in the warm bubbles and then jumping into the pool which is always a bit of a shock to the system. It's not cold but is cooler than the bubble pools.


I have been advised by Wil not to do breast stroke because of the way the knee is turned out in the leg movement, so I am using front crawl as an exercise stroke and for just getting around the pool. It took some getting used to as I always used breast stroke because I found front crawl so exhausting....but now that has changed. I am really enjoying front crawl....


Today I managed to relax my breathing (i have been panicking trying to breath and swim, it's so much easier not to!!!!). I did a few lengths non stop without the gasping for breath at each end. I'm not very fast yet..........
I have got just over a week to the Radio Solent weigh-in so Iam going to try and log each day , on here what I eat and exercise done!!!!



Need to go from this to this............. sights not set too high then!!!!



I am going to be a steward at the Winchester 10k Fast Twitch race on Sunday. Really excited about that. Just love being in the midst of all that lycra!!!!


No comments: