Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Goggles and Giggles

What an evening I had yesterday. Had to work late and managed to get the 6.01 to Brockenhurst and jumped in the pool at 6.50. I had 10 minutes of Aquarobics with the gang and one or two visitors and then a swimming lesson with Wil.

It must have looked a bit like a episode of The Blue Planet with my interpretation of the front crawl. Wil was cool he didn't laugh too much and he gave me a pair of goggles which means I can now see under water!! So as he was trying to guide me to swim in a straight line all I could see were a pair of legs walking backwards. It is really not a good idea to get the giggles when your face is under water. Had a really concentrated lesson and came away with with loads of good advice to use in practice. Just need to remember RELAX-REACH-and I'm sure there was something else, ummm- oh BREATH!!!

Weigh in day tomorrow not sure if I have lost anything with all the festivities. Maybe if I go in the Steam Room tomorrow for an hour or two I might lose something.



Stu has got to the level in Yoga where he spends a lot of time upside down. He can do the head stand and all kinds of things I can't pronounce. In fact neither us a year ago would have thought we would be doing the things we're doing now in gyms across the south of England!!






Times they are achanging
There seems to be a lot of people around me at the moment going through life changes, new jobs, moving house, babies, weddings. Although my life has already been changed radically I need to go onwards too. I've got really itchy feet, not in an athletes foot way either, want to do something!!!, I think a new job is on the cards and maybe some challenges along the way. My horizons are a lot wider now. Need to keep the momentum going.




No comments: