Sunday, January 07, 2007

It happened again I woke up in the swimming pool. 7am!!!! even more shocking I was the first one in.
The pool quite quickly filled up. I did 20 lengths as quickly as I could - 500 meters in 17 mins. I did mainly breast stroke. There was a very scarey looking man who was doing a good impression of alien swimming. If you could imagine the top of his arms close to his body and the lower part of his arms acting like flippers and his legs doing the legs of the butterfly stroke. Everytime he came up for air he had such a remarkable look on his face under his enormous goggles. I swallowed some water as I almost had a giggling fit in the middle of the lane.

Got kicked in the stomach by another man who was zig-zagging up the lanes with a very creative way of doing breast stroke.'

Also I have been spoilt at New Park Manor Spa, where everything is laid on for you. Consequently I forgot to take a towel so I had to scurry home slightly wet, luckily it was still dark!!
All in all I was glad I went even though I was winded, and had an encounter of the 'Third Kind' !!

I had a visit from Vicky Barlett, Radio Solent's Breakfast show producer on Saturday. She has been the one responsible for co-ordinating the Daisy Dieters for the shows and is a great source of encouragement and fun. She should have a medal for being able to start work at 5am each morning

Vicky has left the show to start a new show tomorrow with Charlie Crocker in the afternoon slot. She has been on the breakfast show for 5 years.

Good Luck with new show Vicky, thank you for all you've done for us and I'll not tell anyone your office is next to the bar!!



No comments: