Tuesday, December 05, 2006



Today is the 100th post on this blog

Coo what a day. Had a really active day at work. Shop was very busy and I managed to run up and down the stairs a few times. One of the customers, (at least we have nice customers) brought in a huge gift basket from Thorntons. Box of fudge, bars of chocolates,cakes, biscuits the lot, a real test of where I've got to. I would normally have rugby tackled anyone who had come with in an inch of that lot and steadily worked my way through it. Now, don't really crave for any of it.

Gorgeous Stu came in to see me at work. Looking good Gym and healthy eating is making him glow!!

After work it is the dash for the train to Brockenhurst. I made it in record time today. And then to the pool at New Park. I did 18 lengths and then Aquarobics which is good but hard work if you put the effort in. Then on to the Gym . Surely I should look like Wonder Woman by now

Gym with Wil was fab. By the way Congratulation to Wil for amongst those professional Triathletes he has won the titles of
BEST NEW COMER, MOST IMPROVED & BEST RACE REPORT. Well done Wil!!

I started off on the Treadmill and then the Cross trainer. Then I had a go at a kind of press up, it was going quite well, my head and feet were willing it was just something going on in the middle which produced a lot of very strange sounding groans. Going to have to work at that a lot more .

Sometimes I get worried when I can't do exercises up to standard I think I need to work on my confidence a bit and get out of the rut of everything being a 'Pass' or a 'Failure' and make everything 'work in progress'. At school I was rubbish at sports because I couldn't do it straight away, I rapidly lost confidence and the teachers gave up with me. I really am only scratching the surface of the beginnings of exercise, just need to stop apologising and keep learning. and trying things.

Getting into details, because I am quite flexible I tend to bend from the waist to pick things up, I need to try using my knees a bit more .

Another thing I have to get the hang of is to get up from sitting down added by PT with weights without letting go and catapulting Wil across the gym. Was quite funny though!!!



Tomorrow is St Nicholas Day!! In most European Countries they give each other presents if they have been good or they coal if they have not!!



www.stnicholascentre.org

find out more




No comments: