Sunday, December 10, 2006

My challenge from Wil this week was to go swimming at least once a week in my local public swimming pool

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went swimming in a public pool. Not only that I did it at 7 o'clock in the morning when they had lanes. I've been avoiding this for ages as I am quite spoilt at New Park Manor having a private pool, steam room and a spa.


I didn't sleep very well as I was determined to get up in time to go to the early swim session. The pool is very close to where I live so I kind of walked/jogged there as it was very cold.

There were only 5 other brave souls there which is perfect for me. At one time there were moreLife Savers than me. It's a no messing about swim session. You go in get in your lane and do your thing and then get out. I did 20 lengths for my public debut 500m. It was good just to do a minimal change and trot back home to a nice warm bath and breakfast.

At dinnertime I went for the 'long walk ' about 10k. Up the Romsey Road and to the big out of town Sainsburys and then up and around Olivers Battery and then down to White Chute Ridge and back through town. Nice walk a few hills.

People have asked me what happened with the pigs. Sorry I was a bit vague but I just needed to get it off my chest without going into detail. Iwas walking to the bus stop after a fab session with Wil and there some of the big adult pigs in the road. I though they were quite sweet and sideled past them. They spotted that I had, what to them was a bag filled with their favourite food and went about trying to get it off me. They shoved me trying to knock me over to get the bag but I had my New Speedo Costume in it and they weren't having that. The more I tried to escape the more they buffetted me. In the end I don't know who was squealing the loudest me or them.

I called the Spa for help but it must have sounded like I was being murdered with all the noise ,I was quite shaken up. I don't know anything about pigs and what they are capable of. Do they bite? How fast can they run? Anyway, a passing Taxi Driver Dave scooped me up and took me to the Spa. Meanwhile Wil was speeding to the rescue as well (again!!!!!). I can look back now and see actually how clever and coordinated those pigs were, but they should've known I am a vegetarian and was on their side...where's that bacon sandwich!!!!

Another early start for the BBC tomorrow, they have called us in an hour earlier so I may have to hire someone to prise may eyes open. Vicky Bartlett, producer of the Breakfast Show gets to work at 5 in the morning, to me that is late night!!!! But she is lovely and looks after all of us Daisy Dieters, trying to juggle who can be where and when.

No comments: