Thursday, October 12, 2006

All Motivated Up





Had a really exciting day today. Went to New Park Manor and on the road that goes up to the Spa and helicopter landed. If you don't know me I have a real thing about aircraft, even helicopters. I was brought up in the RAF so all things flying are of great interest. You don't want to be anywhere near me when the Red Arrows fly over!!!! Anyway It was Andrew Davis,the Big Boss of the von Essen Hotels which New Park Manor is a part House.

I went into the reception to be met by Wil. I quickly changed and went into the gym only to be met by a 5 very official looking people. Andrew Davis and some people from the Catering Magazine were doing a whistle stop tour. Wil was just finishing off a presentation about the Gym and the 12 week course like the one that I was doing.
I met a new Personal Trainer, John, who had started yesterday and was observing my session with Wil, brave man!!!
Started off on the Treadmil and moved into work with Ball, sit-ups,weights and balances. I soon realised that 2 weeks out of the gym and things were beginning to slip I don't like having things toned down for me but I didn't do too well with the balance exercises so I really need to up the discipline and focus. We are not going to let details pass by!!!

I have a slight problem with my right foot. It seems to want to go off and do it's own thing. It may be because when I was hit by a car on the other leg a few years ago the right leg has been compensating for the supporting balance. Or it could be I'm just wierd!!! LOL Wil photographed my feet while I was on the Treadmil and there was definite tendancy for it to land on an angle with the toes going outwards a bit. Need to try and train it to come into line or I may have trouble with kn
ees etc.

I have new trainers. Haven't found out where the batteries go in yet


I am really excited as well because I'm going to able to use the swimming pool and spa again. Looks like Thursdays are going to be my 'Oasis' day. I feel another Triathlon coming on !!!

After the session I thought I would try and do a walk around the Forest exagerating the position of my right foot. I took my camera and walked off to the Bridge over the river. The Forest is gorgeous the light was streaming in through the trees. I did seem to be target practice for some of the trees, as they threw their nuts, apples ect at me. Hopefully the photos will do it justice.
Don't tell anyone but I got a bit lost on the way back again. I was far too embarrased to phone anyone. So after walking a fare bit out of my way I found the Spa again. Nice walk should have been about 40 mins but the Forest released me after 1hr 50 mins!!!

By The Way
Flapjacks worked
4 tablespoons of Peanut Butter
4 tablespoons of pure organic Honey
Melt together slowly
175 grams of Dried Fruit - your choice. I put in raisins, currants, cranberries
190 grams Giant Oats
and anything else you fancy i put in pistachio nuts and mixed seeds
Stir into melted Peanut Butter and Honey - off the heat
Put onto a greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
Medium heat in an oven for 10-15 mins. Wait till completely cool (otherwise you get hicups!!!)
Cut into 10 squares.

This may seem, to the more discerning dieter, a recipe that is quite high in calories. It is a low GI food a fibre, and one square as part of your lunch will add fibre, protein, essential oils etc to your diet, and is far better for you than meal replacement bars. If you find it hard to keep to one square share them!!!





No comments: