Friday, August 18, 2006

Tin Man Triathlon Tonight



Had a great time at the Gym last night. Started off with my impression of the 6 Million Dollar Man. Pretending to go really fast on the TreadMill in slow motion. I am also perfecting my go faster motion in the swimming pool Bay Watch Style.

Then we got onto the real stuff. 5 mins walking warm up and then 5 mins cycling and 5 mins on the cross trainer. Weights, balance, stretching etc.

Had a little half time comparison of how much had changed since I started.
Couldn't get on the bike at the beginning, thought I was going to die after 3 mins on cross trainer and treadmill I was walking 3k per hour and puffed out.
So in answer to Graemee's comment on last Blog ..I feel great and it is working. If I can do it anyone can!!!!

Wil was telling me how some o his friends are doing the IronMan Triathlon in Sherborne this weekend which I think sounds really hard. It ends up with a full Marathon.

Well as I'm always up for a challenge....no don't worry I'm not doing the Ironman Race wouldn't want to embarrass them as I waited at the finish line...I thought I'd do my own version tonight .....The Tin Man!!!!

5 mins on cross trainer 2K treadmill and 10 lengths x 14 m swimming. Only beginnings !!! See how it goes!! STRETCHER!!!

2 comments:

Evo1 said...

In a rare admission of gullibility, ironman contests always make me smile because when I was first told about them, I don't remember the ridiculously long lengths they run, cycle, swim etc, but I do remember that the person telling me also told me that you had to do it in a suit of iron armour - and for a while, I believed them.

Looking forward to the walkathon.

Evo1 said...

(And nervous about the deep fried stuff too.)