Monday, August 21, 2006

One small step for a woman, One Giant Leap For Su


Had a strange day yesterday. I woke up at 3 in the morning and had a sudden urge to start the art work for Bournemouth. I couldn't sleep, in my mind I was thinking that I couldn't do it and that it wouldn't be good enough and then thought ..'get a grip woman (as my dear friend says to me), and get on with it!!' Being nocturnal working between 2-7 o'clock is best for me but can be quite anti-social!! Had a lovely time sploshing paint onto canvas, I mean creating works of art!!
Anyway before I knew it, it was 12 noon and I had run out of paint. A quick dash to the shop and back, I'm afraid, was the exercise of the day.

Today I start a fresh focus on exercise and food need a bit of a boost. I haven't eaten badly it's more refreshing the excitement of what I am doing. Greenbelt is approaching fast and it would be good to feel fit and healthy for that.

Last Gym session Wil put a new challenge before me- little leaps from foot to foot, working on core balance. Now, the following statement may sound a bit pathetic but it is something I've never really thought of before. I have always avoided jumping, jogging, leaping because of all the extra weight bouncing!!!! a) it is quite painful or rather it was because there was 7 stone extra of it. b) it was really embarrassing, because I was aware it was not nice to see. Now I am getting smaller it is a bit easier. Having 2 feet off the ground is a new and a bit of an uneasy phenomenon for me. Once I get over this I think jogging, jumping, climbing gates will be easier!!!
I have been practicing at home being ever careful of my calf muscles.

WEEK 8 GOALS
This week is stage 1 of my mini triathlon. On Thursday it's 10 minutes on the bike. Which will be a world record for me!!!. And I will aim to try and walk 20K through the week (not all at once!!!







1 comment:

Evo1 said...

It sounds like you are getting real pleasure out of newfound experiences with your body.

Because of that, I bet it is a wonderful sight :-)

xx