Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Patience is a Virtue



I have a confession to make...Patience is not my greatest virtue and when I get excited about something I can get over zealous and try literally to run before I can walk.
I want to have lost all the weight and be training for the Marathon within, at least the first month of getting off the sofa. Last night I gave myself a 'reality check'.

I don't want to become obsessed, but let this become part of my life. I'm having loads of fun but I do feel twinges of guilt if I haven't done 5k walk everyday, or if I eat something that wasn't sprouting!!!!

Being over zelous in exercise can be dangerous, as I know from my calf strains. I am still carrying the weight of an extra person which puts enormous strains on joints etc. so it's important to take care. After having a chat to Wil last night I realised that the learning of details like posture and walking correctly is so important before going onto anything else.... or even....not being able to go on to anything else because those things weren't practiced in the beginning. Such a hard lesson to learn but you wouldn't go into an orchestra without learning to play an instrument properly.

So it's time to calm down a bit. I can't lose my enthusiasm because I love being trained at the gym so much and seeing results from having a healthier life style, but I will try not to become obsessed and be disciplined in details.

I think it is far harder to be disciplined in moderation than in a strict regime. The thought of going to Greenbelt and having just one Pizza is harder, for me than eating lettuce all weekend!!!! Oooooooooooooooo so much to learn in this life changing thing!!!









1 comment:

Evo1 said...

Spot on Daisy,

All work and no play makes Daisy a.... I forget.

Remember learning to drive, and it took so much effort to remember to push the pedals at the right time and the right speed with the right force etc. And then one day, you just didn't have to think about it anymore, you just did it sub consciousy without thinking anymore.

Can't wait til this healthy eating lark is the same!

See ya soon xx