Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm With The Band


Went to the Spa yesterday, my niece, Jenny and I had a relaxing swim and I ventured into the Steam Room. It's ok once you get used to it, I kept reminding myself that it is opening pores and cleaning them out.
I entered the Gym extremely clean!!

I warmed up with a 15 min fastish walk on the Treadmill. I was watching The European Championship Athletics on the screen. When they showed the races in slow motion we were all moving at the same speed!! So I imagined myself running alongside Mark Lewis-Francis. Well ok, I would have had to slow down for him to catch up!!

Wil is back !! Hurray! And on form for training. Each week the exercises differ slightly focusing on different parts of body makeup.
Had a new machine to play with. One that works on Biceps, Triceps, Lats etc (she says trying to sound more knowledgeable by the minute). Oooh it was hard, saw muscles in action!!! Feeling it a bit today.

Then Wil said he had a present for me ......CHOCOLATE!!! ..... No! An Exercise Band. Doesn't taste so nice but have now found out there are hundreds of things you can do with it. Although one false move and you could end up catapulting yourself into orbit, as this man is just about to illustrate.
In the gym I had the band round my ankles and walked sideways from one end to the other. A lot harder than you think. Going to find some creative ways at home to use it!!




Going to try Seaweed as new food this week. It is supposed to be very good for you. Has lots of Iron and is good for flavouring. Will try and make some vegetable sushi!!

No comments: