Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Beware Smoking Seaweed!!


Last night I thought I would have a go at the Nori Seaweed. Reading the instructions very carefully I took a sheet out to toast on the hob of the cooker. The hob was very hot so thought it wouldn't take too long. Well it was instant in a way!!!
The Nori flopped onto the hob and there was an instant smoke cloud. I quickly closed the doors where the smoke alarm is. If my smoke alarm goes off the Hampshire Fire Brigade turn up..which is quite nice but a bit time wasting for them.
Anyway managed to clear the kitchen of smoke and sprayed it with air freshener. I think I breathed in a bit of smoke cos lungs weren't too happy. So I don't think I'll try that again.

As a 'get back on and ride it' therapy I made a form of sushi. I kind of knew what it was supposed to look like at the end and not having the correct ingredients I improvised!
1 Sheet of Nori Seaweed (not cremated!!)
1/2 an advocate mashed up with a little olive oil and used as a spread
Rice
Carrots cut into strips
Marinated Tofu dry fried
Cucumber cut into strips

Cook rice till soft there is a suchi rice but I used basmatti
Put Nori onto a very clean T towel and spread with advocate and olive oil
Spread rice over advocado leaving about 1/2 an inch border on the outside
Then scatter carrots, cucumber and cooked tofu stips on top
Carefully take the T towel and roll up the Nori and contents. Till you have a sausage shape.
Cut into about 2 inch slices
If they don't stay together very well use a cocktail stick to secure.
Poor a little soy sauce into each if required

Very nice.

Meanwhile have been trying out my exercise band. It is very handy and you can take it anywhere as long as you don,t forget to take it off!!!...and fall over....
Can also be used as weapons of mass destruction!!

2 comments:

Evo1 said...

I just read this first bit, "reading the instructions very carefully I took a sheet out to toast on the hob of the cooker."

If you have started eating the instructions, you are taking things too far!

SOOBEE... said...

No no Evo
Instructions are not healthy to many additives

;0)