Saturday, August 12, 2006

Everlasting Quinoa


G.I. INDEX
Getting to grips with Glycemic Index this week. It seems a good way of eating. Food that keeps you more satisfied for longer and keeps your blood sugar levels more even. Your brain is fueled by your blood sugars so it is important to keep it going!! In the past I have experienced eating and then feeling really tired. If there is a way of eating really healthy food and feeling satisfied till the next meal I'm all for that.

My eating habits have changed a lot. Constantly counting calories, diets etc...I was always thinking of food and what I could get away with. As long it's counted into the plan it's ok. That's all very well but doesn't really promote life long healthy eating And as I have quite a rebellious side I thought it was justified to stuff myself with everything I had missed after the Weigh-in. For me diets are there to be broken!!I take full responsibility, but find eating healthily, consistently works better for me.

So I am into looking at low GI recipes. My friend Stu, got me into cooking from scratch which is extremely good for GI recipes...and it doesn't always take that much longer than the Microwave and is far better for you.

There are loads of books on GI diets but I think the best thing is too look at the foods and work out what you like look at their compositon and their place on the Glycemic Index and set about a lifestyle change.


Last night I made a batch of Quinoa which may last me for a few weeks. So I need to think of some creative ways to use it. Tonight I thought I could stuff a pepper with a top it with flaked almonds and fetta cheese. Last night it was just on top of a jungle of salad. Tomorrow...........


The Daisies are back on the Radio Solent on Monday 8.30-9 am for the second public Weigh-In!!! If you want to listen and you are not in the Radio Solent Area you can listen live or at any time on Monday on....
www.bbc.co.uk/england/radiosolent/




Here is an opticical illusion for you

No comments: