Monday, December 31, 2007


Hurray!! I did my first 10 k walk since the knee op. I read that after a knee op your knee is bound to ache, ache is ok but pain is not. Differentiating between ache and pain is not easy but I am not getting sharp pains just aches after being used . So I'll persevere unless it falls off, then I might go a bit easy.
So my walk was a bit slower than usual and the last K was a bit achy. I had my heart rate monitor on and it was really interesting to see how your heart changes pace.
Half way through the walk I stopped at a Farm Shop and brought some gorgeous bread flour , and some huge coxes apples and then realised I still had 5k to walk. It was interesting to see my heart rate went up by 5-10 bpm carrying that extra weight, so that was a bit of a warning.

Managed to get back home and after a 20 min rest went down to the gym and did 20 mins of Cross Trainer, Lat Pull Down, Cable Wood Chops, High Cable Rows and Chest presses.I thought I might wake up with knee trouble but it wasn't any different from usual

Two more working days to go and then I am done! And then it's full throttle towards the PT Course. I am so excited but of course nervous. Retaining information is a challenge at the moment. Put some info in and some has to fall out to make room.
Information is more relevant when it's more relevant!! I think!!

Oh and by the way..........

No comments: