Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 12 in the Big Arthro House

Sunday 28th October

Seemed to have turned the proverbial 'corner' today.
Last night I woke up with a sudden intake of breath. I was sweating and shaky and had a panic about the future. You know everything is exaggerated in the early hours of the morning. Not sure what the shakes and sweats were about, (could have been the different chemicals, in the painkillers etc waving goodbye). After a physical and emotional quake something seemed to lift my mood and well being.
Swelling has gone right down.
I woke up feeling like I had, had the best night's sleep and excited about the future
Walked to town (a shortish walk) Knee felt OK, a bit sensitive but I was able to move quite quickly. Stairs is a bit of a challenge going up is easier than coming down. Nice to see the high street again after 12 days away.
Watched 4 episodes of Diet Doctors this afternoon. Very interesting
Need to watch eating. Not using up many calories. Don't want to put too much weight on.
Going to start a type of detox to try and clear out toxins which feel like they are settling because of lack of exercise.
Off to see the Guru of Fitness Tuesday

Saturday 27th October

Knee is still quite swollen I have asked it politely to behave it's self but it looks like for once in my life I'm going to have to follow instructions!!
Rested decided to have a day off from looking at books and made Christmas cards and did some sketching which ironically has improved because of studying anatomy. Rembrandt used to be a frequent visitor to morgues but I don't think I'll go that far.

No comments: