Friday, August 17, 2007

Angels in Fluorescents

First of all had a good session with Wil. Learning lots at the moment. Hopefully I am going to do a course in Personal Training in January in Bournemouth, so my task is to tap his considerable knowledge on fitness.
Yoga didn't happen as a slight mishap with texts!!

Yesterday I nearly had to call International Rescue again.
I decided in a family tradition way to take a short cut. I try to walk to the Spa for my session with Wil. I knew it was wet so I took a spare set of gym gear with me, which in the end was a good job.
I walk thorough the village and then usually go around some allotments to the left and join up with a pathway that leads to New Park Manor. Well yesterday I decided to go to the right thinking I would cut off a corne
r. I found myself following a stream which I thought would be jumpable and eventually take me to the path. I followed the stream no sign of it getting shallower, couldn't see where I was or where I had been so decided to cross the stream which was a lot deeper than I thought. I crossed some heather land and realised I was completely lost and disorientated. There were no landmarks apart from trees and horses. I started to panic and phoned a friend. As usual gorgeous Stu was on hand to calm me down.
I was wandering around and in danger of getting more and more lost. As I was talking to Stu I suddenly noticed two joggers in fluorescent jackets running in a straight line and thought that must be the path.
So I made my way in that direction the ground was really soggy but seeing I already had wet feet just plodded through. It was the path and all was well. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't seen them. I imagined St Bernard dogs, helicopters etc or just in hundreds of years being found as the 'Bog Woman of the Forest' by Time Team!!!

I could hear my Dad laughing at me because his short cuts were legendary in our family. As children we were often walked across bull and cow pat infested fields under the promise of a shortcut!!
Anyway very grateful the fluorescent ones.
And I learnt my lesson to stick to the path.

No comments: