Saturday, July 21, 2007


And the rain continues....
Actually it's not too bad here. At the moment I am looking out onto a sunny street.

Yesterday went for a consultation with a surgeon about my knee operation.

As a NHS peasant I was contracted out to a hospital just south of Salisbury.

It turned out that it's a private hospital and very nice indeed. Hero Nephew in law Paul took me as he had already done the same thing a few days ago. And little H came to and spent most of his time charming people in the waiting room. There was one woman who was obviously one of the private patients and was complaining bitterly about her doctor being late. The fact the roads were really flooded around that area didn't seem to bother her. Anyway Harry demolished a bottle of milk, I was longing for him to give a loud burp just to upset her and he did. Cool boy!!

The consultant was very good looking and we were having quite a nice chat until he mentioned general anaesthetics. I have never been to hospital for an op and have always had a fear of being put under but I guess without anaesthetic it may not be pleasant. So they took all my details and then also found a heart murmur which worried me a bit...... had come for what I thought was just to sort out when I would have a quick keyhole op with local anaesthetic and a quick hop home.

It was interesting being pin up knee of the moment, with all my scan pics on the wall. He showed me some cysts that were featured around my torn tendon. Despite my sticking my head in the sand they won't go away. It is really weird seeing inside your knee. It is quite a complicated joint. I could see the cysts quite plainly around my meniscus.

I told the doc that I was quite interested in anatomy, and getting a bit of tuition from Wil, he went through the workings of the joint with me.
I recognised lots of the things he was telling me.
So now there is upto a three month waiting list. Just going to try and put it out of my mind till I get THE LETTER.

The Surgeon said to keep up the exercise as I can't do any more damage to it. Just to do no exercises that leave the leg unsupported. But having a switched on PT, don't do that anyway.

Thursdays session at New Park was cool. I had hit the gym quite hard all week and my legs were a bit sore didn't do to well on CV work. Did some upper body work and Wil went through the importance of posture and alignment. The broom handle was used in guidance, I think or am I being trained for the circus!!


Wednesday
I was Marshmallowing again for Concept Sport Event - Winchester 5k road race. They are a great team. No body parts to write on this time. I was out and about directing traffic!!!!!





No comments: