Thursday, June 21, 2007

BOLLARDS!!!

Somedays it's best to stay in bed!!

Yesterday was one of those day... I woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to make some oatcakes (as you do). The first lot I thought I would use flax oil (best source, for veggies for Omegas) rather than lard specified in the recipe, and I chucked in some dried herbs.........they were revolting. My second attempt had the British Hockey team phoning up asking if they could use them in their next game.
Then missed the train to Brockenhurst and had to walk faster than normal to get to the spa on time. Was really rubbish at weights works, I was shaking on weights I should really be able to do by now. My homework wasn't particularly brilliant . Wil was, as ever, patient.


On the walk back to the train station I edged past a huge cow sitting in the path way and fell over in a puddle, turning my knee in a way it really didn't want to go. And the cow wasn't much help, just sat there, no words of sympathy or help to get up. Knee hurting wasn't as bad as having to walk through Brockenhurst with mud all on my leggins. Although people of Brockenhurst didn't turn a blind eye. Well they do have horses, cows and donkeys walking up their main shopping streets and don't suppose mud is a problem.

I am a bit worried about doing the next Race For Life in Bournemouth with my knee in the state it's in...


Anyway I thought I'd show you the bollards outside of our shop. One thing I really love is Public Art and The Colour Factory in Winchester have been painitng bollards in The Square. They are fabulous and have become quite a tourist attraction. Each one is based on a bifferent movement in the art world. Should be more of this. Think of all the drab places in towns that could be cheered up with things like this.



No comments: