Monday, May 14, 2007



I have started reading Lance Armstrong's Book 'Every Second Counts'. This man is amazing coming through a horrible on-slaught of cancer and the brink of death to win the Tour de France and take on the American government campaigning for more research and funding for cancer sufferers. He is truly inspiring. Every page, it's as if you have to take a sharp intake of breath because he has so much energy.


I am really glad I startedit as I had to go to the Orthopaedic consultant (who, by the way is very good looking, which always helps!!)today for my MRI results. I was really hoping for.....'it's OK every thing's fine..' but instead I got 'I am really glad I sent you for a MRI because you have quite a lot wrong with your knee...' I think he saw my face visibly drop and then quickly went into detail. I have three tears on the tendon lateral and medial meniscus and have 2 cysts as well. I could live with it but it will not get better and would hinder any advancement in exercise. So we don't want that.
He said the surgeon would go in and do some trimming and cutting and draining. Key hole surgery day patient with crutches for a week then 6 week building up to normal activity. He said when it was done I would feel like I'd just had a new engine fitted.
Just had talks with Christine, whose son is a Podiatrist and with Wil and the general opinion is that is a routine operation and have put my mind to rest. So I'm not too worried. And it's not going to be for a while anyway

No comments: