Monday, April 09, 2007

Don't Stop Me Now Cos I'm Having a Good Time......

This Easter week end has been fabulous , spending it with family and friends. The weather had been gorgoeus and it's felt like a real holiday.
I have been recovering from my 16 mile walk on Sunday. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be although I feel it more today than yesterday!!

Had another fab session yesterday with Wil. I managed to walk to New Park again. Although this picture looks as though it could have come from the Australian Outback it was actually the path I walked yesterday..and it's April!!
I'm really glad I found the way through the Forest now without having to call on the 'Rescue Services' and it saves me £3 bus fare!
I had good motivational chat with Wil yesterday. He asked me a question which started me on a train of thought and has made me really think about the future and given me a big reality check.
'You need to think why are you doing this?'
It was to make me really think about achievements, how far I have come and the purpose of training.
I suppose in everyone's mind you have dreams and daydreams. Some achievable some unrealistic. There are things in your life which you know are impossible to do for instance I now, can no longer be a Prima Ballerina, or an Olympic Athlete but that doesn't stop me enjoying those ideas and being interested in and supporting the arts or sports.
I guess in the back of my mind I was kinda training with an unrealistic ambition. I don't think I can give the World Class Triathlon Team a run for their money etc. But I can be set goals and go for those. E.g Race for Life and moving on to maybe doing a Triathlon short distance etc
With the kind of training I am receiving...I believe if I put my mind to it I can achieive things way beyond what I ever thought I could. Just by putting in the work and focusing.
For example, a year ago I never would have stepped into a gym and was on course for lifetime of yoyo dieting and uncomfortablity.
Now..... I have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of gyms and swimming pools. And have zealous passion for health and fitness!!
So it's not a negative train of thought
.
As the Daisy Appeal, Sponsored Daisy Dieter is coming to an end it feels like this is only the beginning. Being fit for and enjoying life and enlargening my horizons rather than my hips.
Now I want to pass on the things I have learnt....so that is a way forward too
YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: