Sunday, March 25, 2007

SUNDAY, SUNDAY

It's been a funny old week. Felt really zoned out. Although I have done exercise - last weeks totals... 20k walking/15k cycling/and some swimming - not enough. Not focused enough. I have put myself onto the proverbial naughty chair. I don't usually let anyone else off with excuses but... with people leaving at work and emotions and tenseness flying around and situations vacant not looking too helpful I've had a few things on my mind.

BUT....


Today I took myself off for a therapy 10k walk today. Walking is so good for sorting your head out.
I didn't time myself because I went exploring along the way. Usually I have my head down and don't see much scenery ( I asked a Marathon Runner once if it was exciting walking past the major tourist sites of London. He said that all you're really aware of is the feet of the person in front of you!!!).

I live only about 1 mile away from an ancient gorgeous little Saxon church, St Swithins. A great place to stop off. There is a little stream that runs by and all the spring flowers and blossom were out and even some rabbits hopping across the graveyard. Don't know why I have never been there before It would make a lovely picnic place in the summer.

Then about 4k further along the walk is the Farm shop next to the watercress beds.



Watercress is fast becoming known as a super food. It's good to be able to buy fresh bunches from the next door watercress beds.
Shop is a very good loo stop as well cos it's about half way. I remember working there when it was just a little shed and cutting my hands to ribbons as I made hundreds of Christmas Wreaths.
Eventually got home feeling so much better and ready to tackle another week. Going to up the exercise and set some more goals to work to.

Feeling on a high I decided to do some sorting out. I threw away all the clothes that are now far too big, unfortunatley it left a lot of space in the wardrobe. Then it was the turn of the Goldfish. Now I love my Goldfish but cleannig the tank is the job I hate. I have put off so many times as you can see by the colour of the water!!!
It was truly disgusting although the fish didn't seem to mind.
Their transition into the glass bowl was smooth and fast,

After spilling water over the floor and myself the tank was sparkly clean and Plato,(big orange one), Wilbur (Silver one) and Daisy (multicoloured one) moved back in slightly confused and a little shakey

No comments: