Thursday, March 22, 2007

First I have to say ..'I took these pictures Stu...I have finely worked out, with the help of nieces Jenny and Catherine how to get photos out of the camera onto the screen....and now....no one in safe..so if you're camera shy beware!!!!

Had a good day in Bournemouth today. I have started my training for the Race For Life event in June. On Sunday I did the 5k walk on the treadmill. It took me 50 mins 15, it was quite hard work and after a while you have to go into your own little world because otherwise you blankly stare into space and then realise you have been unwittingly staring at the gorgeous bloke in front of you for the last half hour!!!!
Today it was the great outdoors and I walked the course I'm going to walk/jog = jalk in June.
It was quite chilly in Bournemouth by the sea but I soon built up warmth as I put my determined face on and my music in my ears, and then it was full steam ahead. From Bournemouth to Boscombe Piers. Well what I thought was full steam, but I was taken over by a little old man fully clad in Lycra. I may change my mind about chasing those in Lycra!!!! Ewgh!!! All credit to him though, he didn't half move.



I made it there and back including a stop off for a quick loo stop in 53 mins 30. I have to remember to keep walking fast because I was merrily singing along to the music and strolling and then remembered I was supposed to be doing a time trial!!

One thing I was quite interested in was a rather dashing runner using the beach for interval training. The beach was being cleaned and ploughed and he was using the dents and troughs in the sand to add interest to his run.

At the end of my jalk there was a party clapping, unfortunately not for me but for the busker under the fly over by the gardens.

I met Wil and Oscar for a drink in town Oscar is growing up fast and is absolutely gorgeous and is a little charmer. Father and son very well colour co-ordinated...... both looking very well. Oscar and I had quite a conversation not sure of the full details but it was mainly based around food, sleep and world politics!!!. He is a strong little lad.

Walked back to the train station

Jenny and Paul's baby is due any minute...it's sooooo exciting. I think he is waiting till it gets a bit warmer. I am going to be a Great Aunt!!!! Another excuse to be completely barmy and get away with it!!!

No comments: