Thursday, March 15, 2007

Move over Wonder Woman



This is me in the New Forest


.........ok it's my Alta-ego .....Wonder Woman..... but I gave her a good run for her money today.

Started off with a brisk walk in the Forest with Wil.... when I say 'walk' I mean he walks and I kinda trot behind. The Forest was gorgeous and the weather was beautiful, a real Spring day. I felt really invigourated.

After a cool down and a relaxing time in the Spa. I set off to do a Quarter Triathlon.

Started in the pool with 28 x 16 metre lengths of crawl (18minutes). I was so chuffed that I managed to do all the lengths in one go. I relaxed and breathed on every left stroke and just floated off into a world of my own. Fully Speedo clad of course!!!! I feel a Channel swim coming!!!!
Then I tried to get changed as quick as possible without falling over and straight onto the bike (well once I had sorted out the pedals and saddle height...with a little help!!).

10k on the bike in 21.12 mins

2.5k on the Treadmill in 25.07 mins

Total 64.19 mins... if you times that by 4 -a full Triathlon at that level (in easy level cos I didn't have any hills, wind or waves), would take me 4hrs 20ish. I expect everyone would have gone home by then...... it's usually done under 2 hours by the pros.

Still I enjoyed myself no medals, but a feeling achievement! Very tired and hats off to those who do full Triathlons....... but you never know...one day!!!!

No comments: