Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I Did Jogging!!!

This Sunday again at the Gosport Half Marathon. This is the medal I won for beating the Olympic record........
and she wakes up...... well , really this is Wil's medal (he's the one on the left,looking cool after just running 13 miles)he let me hold it!!!
I have more pictures to come but at the moment I am having difficulty getting them through the wires. Hopefully they'll appear soon


Been to New Park tonight. Did a session of Aquarobics with Wil, (other) Claire and John (new PTat New Park). I love being in the water. The exercises are not easy though, they are fun. Before you know it you are using all sorts of muscles that never usually see the light of day. Time goes really quickly and before I know it's all scramble to get ready for the gym.
Sometimes when I get out of the pool have a shower and I am all clean and warm in my leggings and T Shirt which feels like pyjamas it feels like I should be getting under a nice warm duvet with hot chocolate watching TV... but that didn't seem to be on Wil's chart of things to do in the gym today!!!

I have a secret ambition to do something I've never done before..... dance with the Royal Ballet? Nah.. Parachute out of a plane...Nah too easy..... I really want to be able to run/jog. I have never done it before, unless you count 'toddler jog'. I remember as a child being entered for the 100 meters and deliberately falling over. in a comic way, at the start line to be disqualified and to make people laugh, so diverting the fact that I couldn't run to save my life... well I probably could if the adrenalin took over

Tonight on the Treadmil Wil acted as Midwife to my labour into jogging!!!! It's a small step for most athletes but a giant leap for Sukind. I can't tell you how excitied I was to start the journey into jogland. I know I have to take it steady as my joints are still under strain carrying excess weight but I started. I still need to learn the lesson of taking things slowly and not be disappointed when I've not entered into the Marathon next week. But I started!!!

This is Claire in a Team Wil session looking very fit. She had a 'sports injury' last week so we missed her.

No comments: