Sunday, October 22, 2006

Come On With The Rain I've a Smile On My Face. - Watchout Su's been on the Hemp!!





I have discovered a new sport Umbrellalking. I have just been for a two hour walk in the rain with my umbrella. Seeing as I spend a lot of my time in water at the moment I don't see any problem with walking in the rain. Although greatly tempted to wear my NEW swimming costume ( did I tell you it was a Speedo Costume!!!!) I resisted.

Umbrellalking is good Resistance Exercise, when the wind blows against you. It is really tough but energising. Whilst you are walking you are using one arm to lift approx 1.5k while you are using the other in the power walking method.

There are no rules in the sport except poking the eyes out of fellow contenders and your umbrella turning inside out through negligence incur a fowl and may lead to disqualification.
Gyms as we speak are setting up Wet Rooms with turbo wind machines for training. This new sport is under consideration for the Olympics headed up the
well known first lady and icon of Umbrellalking......
There are at present 3 International categories . Compact Handbag Umbrella, Telescope Middle Weight Umbrella and Angling Heavy Weight.





..........Newly formed Japanese Team
British Team..............



After reading the above it may come as no surprise to you when I tell you I have tried Hemp seeds today!!!! I was reading an article by Gillian McKeith about the health benefits of Hemp. Just to put your mind at rest there is no risk psychoactive effect. You can not get high on Hemp seeds or have any of the effects that Canabis gives you. But...there an awful lot of health benefits. Hemp is an amazing superfood full of fiber, minerals, vitamins and being 35% oil they are a good source of Essential Fatty Acids(EFA s) that, despite their name actually aid the weight loss process. Linolenic Acid (Omega 6), Alpha-linolenic Acid (Omega 3), and Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). These EFAs 'boost your mental and physical energy, encourage hormonal balance, reduce risk of heart disease, ..they also help to dissolve the fat in your body.'
Hemp seeds are made up of 25% protein which is really useful for veggies .
EFAs can be found in many foods like nuts, fish etc but Hemp apparently is a superior source. GK suggest 2 tablespoons a day on their own or sprinkled into your cereal or salads or anything you like really.

I went down to the local Health food shop today and got some Hemp seeds to try. They don't look particularly appetising but are actually quite nice. They have a nutty taste and are quite chewy.





No comments: