Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Meet The Family


Last night was my nephew Andrew's 17th birthday. The family gathered for a Burger King take-away party....except, of course for Miss Righteous here, who took the end of the never ending Quinoa and a salad....
My niece, Catherine brought her new friend 'Spud' along. He is very nice and survived the Baptism of Fire with our family, in fact he said he actually enjoyed it. He is a nice guy and has good hair!!!
David, elder nephew and Sarah had come down from Chelmsford for the birthday and to sort out wedding plans. Jenny, niece and Paul are expecting no.1 baby named Gerald Blob next year. My mum who sits back knowing secretly she is responsible for this brood joins in too. Liz, my sister and her husband Nigel are proud owners of the fab 4 and have done a good job there.
There is a parallel family in Turkey where my younger sister, Rachel has lived for over 25 years with her husband, Eyup and four children Gokhan, Leyla, Serkhan and Yasemin. We have had some lovely holidays there.

Anyway that's the family ...
So as a grand finale to the party yesterday they were asking me what I do at the gym so I decided I would demonstrate my balancing exercise...and guess what they all had a go too. I took on the role of 'personal trainer'.... (LOL)
'right,feet straight, stomach in, bum in, legs bent, head up...focus, shift weight on to one leg and lift the knee of the other up and forwards.......................

All so much better at it than me... but it was quite a sight to see my family on one leg.
Could be a good ice breaker. Maybe in board meetings, weddings, the office get everyone to stand on one leg!!!!



I will carry on practising!!!

No comments: