Monday, July 24, 2006

Team Wil and Mr Jon Cuthill












I've been waking up with a different man this week and today I got to meet him!!
Jon Cuthill has taken over from Julian Clegg while he is on holiday.
Today was our day in the studios of Radio Solent. Hope to have some pictures soon, but for now you'll have use your imagination. The picture above is the studio we were in.


Before I even get into the building I always have attack of the nerves, but the staff at Radio Solent are so welcoming we all soon feel at ease. It is the first time Team Wil have been together since the last broadcast. It was lovely to see Rosalie looking good after her holiday in Greece. Claire and I had a sneaky peek at the scales before we went into the studios.


Claire has done really well and lost 8lbs and people are beginning to notice. Well done

I lost 1st 2lbs, I have lot more to lose than everyone else so the weight will come off fast in the first few weigh- ins. Then on to the hard stuff.

Jon Cuthill started the interviews by teasing us with descriptions of big cooked breakfasts!! I think the interviews went really well, we were all relaxed and chatted quite freely. It's funny cos we are all shy about telling people what our weight is but Jon managed to get us all to say it on air. Wil set out the plan for the next three weeks and gave us loads of encouragement to go on with. We chatted to Jon for quite a while and all too soon it was over.

I made my way home on the train and developed quite a strong headache. I am hoping that these headches ( i have some form of headache most days) may be sorted out with the healthy eating and exercise and sorting out blood pressure etc.

When I got home I had intended to do a number of things but fell asleep for 2 hours, waking up wondering if it was all a dream!!!


Made a smoothie for lunch and I would have had eaten it too ,if only I had put the lid on the smoothie maker!!!! It took ages to clear up but my skin felt lovely afterwards!!

Really lazy day today. Didn't feel right, need to get out and do walking.



3 comments:

Karin said...

Well done for losing over a stone. Even if you are likely to lose the weight faster to begin with you can still take credit for all the effort you've put in.

I managed to lose half a stone over the last 6-8 weeks. I tend to lose that amount most summers. The hard bit is losing the next half a stone and any more after that.

We went for a little walk last night, but nothing too strenous. I did speed up in the middle when hubby went in front and set the pace instead of walking beside me at my speed.

Karin said...

Just a thought. Mum was saying how we need to increase our salt intake during hot weather. She told how during a hot spell years ago, when she had been drinking plenty she developed a headache and for some reason had a packet of crisps which seemed to be the reason the headache cleared up.

Plus in Canada my Dad's company gave out salt tablets as well as water in hot weather. I think it's well known that salt tablets are needed when in the jungle.

Apparently salt isn't just lost through perspiration but diluted when you drink a lot.

So if you are on a pretty low salt diet and having been drinking lots of fluid as well as perspiring, it's probably worth upping your salt intake slightly - unless you have any reason to think it could be bad for your health, in which case ask a doctor first.

Graeme said...

Hey Freedom Bound said earlier that you've torn something in your foot? Hope you are ok?