Sunday, August 31, 2008


I wrapped up my holiday week in spectacular style by visiting the Bournemouth Air Show - not once but 3 times.


Got to see my beloved Red Arrows and some other planes.

Whilst having a fab training session with Wil, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flypast flew over head. The Lancaster flanked by a Spitfire and a Hurricane.





Earlier I made it down to the Radio Solent tent on the beach and was reunited with Julian Clegg again. Was great to meet him again. And lurking sinisterly in the corner was a Darlek but apparently he was house trained and he allowed me to have my photo taken with him.








Friday I went to see the full Air



Show with Mum. We had a good pitch, right in the middle of the 2 piers and apparently the centre of the display.



Heart stopping displays from helicopters rotating and going backwards. Wing walkers doing handstands at 1,500 feet. Full Battle of Britain Flypast, Red Arrows, the amazingly noisy Tornado Euro Fighter etc...



Today I went for a 5k Beach March in the morning. It is a great workout for the legs and glutes and a lot harder than you think. I worked my way round those who were determined to sunbathe even though the cloud was low, the day before holes in the sand, sand castles and small dogs.

After I had finished I just had time for lunch before today's Air Display started. The weather wasn't too good for displaying heavy weapons of mass destruction. The stars of the show turned up to make another spectacular show.

Commentary was great fun, Pilate's taking the p**s out of each other. Also listening into the Red Arrow's orders. So calm for little planes hurtling towards each other at 500 miles an hour.

Great weekender

No comments: